Saturday, January 23, 2010

Warm weather!

Hello all,
It's a new and exciting year and it seems to be starting off with some rather warm weather! With that being said it's been nice to dig out some spring clothes and spend some family time out doors. Madison is now walking like a champ so she is really enjoying the new things she can do outside. I'm just so excited to try and make more family time and family connections in this new year. 2010 is going to be a great year with our newest addition due in May. I also have 2 cousins due within a week from me...how exciting! I am very excited to be hosting for the first time a baby shower for my sister. It is just around the corner so I have been in high gear trying to get all the preparations done. It's going to be an awesome shower if I may say so. I'm not huge on making one big new years resolution so this year I decided to work on having more patience and to make a list of family activities that I would like to accomplish this year. I would love to visit the beach this summer even if it is just a day trip. I would also like to find the time to work in a game of Miniature golf with the family. Oh and on my list I would also like to take a family picnic. Nothing crazy but I feel like so often we overlook the simple little things we can do as a family for little to no money. I'm sure I will think of many more family friendly activities to do throughout the year but these are the ones I would most like to cross off of my list. This past year my husband has gotten to go on several TDY's and I expect he will get to go on even more this year. We will be on the first TDY of the year next week for a few days. We are road tripping it to Houston with a short stop at Nanna and Grandpa's house! As an army wife I have come to expect and even enjoy the short TDY's. Even the ones that Mike isn't able to take us with him on. They usually last 3-5 days with the occasional 2 weeks thrown in here or there. I can't say enough how excited I am for the new year to unfold with all of the babies that are due this spring and the great friends and family I have to share it with. I hope that everyone can find the same positivity and enthusiasm that I have for life. Try to focus on only the positive things and try not to dwell on things that cannot be changed. I'd like to end this entry with a quote: "The past can't see you, but the future is listening." ~Destin Figuier

-The Army Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment