Friday, September 3, 2010

Catching Up!

Hey everyone sorry I'm so bad at blogging regularly but I'm going to make an effort to stay on track this time! Ok so I'll catch you all up on what has happened since my last blog which is a lot! My sisters baby shower was a success! It all turned out so cute and she made out like a bandit. Two of my best friends each threw me a baby shower which both turned out so well. Thank you so much Jess and Steph! I became an Aunt! I have the cutest sweetest nephew, Colton, born March 29th! He has the cutest dimple, biggest smile and loves to laugh. If you can't already tell I kind of tend to want to spoil him. I also had my baby, Teagan, on May 11th and she is my snuggle buddy! She is so petite and happy and smiley and quiet. She hardly ever gives me grief and sleeps well I feel so blessed. Meanwhile Madison is well in her terrible twos! She can open doors even with the child safety locks...same for child safety caps on medicine. She likes to break into the refrigerator, and out of her bedroom in the middle of the night. She also likes to climb and make messes so I'm pretty much constantly chasing after her and cleaning up! We have been on two TDY's since I last blogged, two weeks in El Paso. We took the girls so that turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. We also spent 3 Days in Galveston, without the girls, so it was awesome! I have accomplished every goal on my list of family to-do's for the year! Played Mini golf twice, picnic'd, and went to the beach! Hmm what else have you missed? Oh and a few days ago I started another blog on Mommy Finds, products, clothes, toys etc. That I come accross/use and then post about with links to where you can find them! Please do check it out!

I have become obsessed with reading all of Sophia Kinsella's books! She is hilarious! My favorite's are The Undomestic Goddess and the Confessions of a Shoppaholic series! I urge you all to read them as well. Her latest book is set to be released on Sept. 21st, my birthday! That's right my birthday is just around the corner and I am excited! I'm planning a whole week of fun things! Lots of crafty girly stuff! Hopefully some sewing, painting, reading, a trip to the coffee shop, and To Fado! My favorite Irish pub for some shepherds pie. :) I am also planning Madison's second birthday party which is a month away! So far I have lots of ambitious plans and no supplies so I am going to have to buckle down and get working on them. Football season is here and it is my husbands favorite! I am not all that into football but I make an effort because he loves it. He likes to do fantasy football as well so we both just drafted our fantasy football teams on wednesday. I must admit I was quite proud of my team full of great players!

Oh I just remembered another thing that you both missed out on! My husband got promoted! I am so proud of him! His office had a ceremony/picnic and he asked me to pin his new rank so I got to pin him! I also made him a cake which turned out really well! I am so proud of the cakes that I have made but on another note I HATE decorating cakes! lol I love baking them but decorating seriously stresses me out. I think it is because I am such a perfectionist and well impatient. Decorating takes me all day because of me being a perfectionist which then drives me crazy because it is taking forever! lol it's pretty much a lose lose for me. Anyways back to my husband...He is taking over a new position at work which leaves him doing two jobs for the moment until they find someone to replace him at his old position so that is stressing him out. He is doing really well in school though. He has a 4.0 GPA and is going to finish a semester early! He is also considering going OCS in the near future which I have to admit seems exciting. I am so proud of my soldier! He is a great soldier, husband and father! I am truly blessed.

Ok I would like to leave you all on a good note so I will tell you about my daughters recent refrigerator story. I was feeding Teagan and I heard my daughter in the kitchen opening the refrigerator so I quickly lay Teagan down. I rushed into the kitchen and there is my daughter in the middle of the kitchen with a cup, spoon, milk and Hershey's syrup all ready to make chocolate milk! I wanted to laugh so bad but I didn't want her to think it was ok to get into the refrigerator. My daughter keeps me on my toes and makes big messes but sometimes she really is amusing!

As always I hope you all have a great labor day weekend, be safe and thank you to all the past, present and future service members out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie! I tried finding your email address, but I couldn't! I was wondering if you had a recipe for the cheese enchiladas? Email me please! fsc200408@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete