Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Travel Bug

Hello everyone,
I seem to be thinking of traveling a lot lately. I would love to take 6 weeks and just travel Europe! I want to experience culture, history and nature in new and different ways. I get excited every time I see pictures of Europe or movies set in Europe. Oh it is nice to dream. Anyone want to fund a European adventure for me?!?!?! lol

I have also been on a health kick lately. Trying to exercise more and cut back on the junk foods. I walk about 2 miles every morning and evening totaling 4 miles per day. It really does feel good to exercise and eat healthier. I don't do anything fancy just a nice long walk around the neighbor hood during the cool of the morning and evening. I live next to a nature preserve though so I have to watch out for all kinds of critters on my walks. I have come across scorpions, skunks, spiders, toads, and last night I walked up on a snake. I have never been more scared in my life. I was walking along and I looked down and right on the edge of the side walk next to my foot was a snake! I panicked and fled as quickly as possible so I didn't get a good look to see what kind it was but I sure am glad it didn't strike. I jumped at every leaf, blade of grass and spider I passed on the rest of my walk. lol I'm sure my husband got a good kick at watching me jump around like a scared kangaroo. Oh well better safe then sorry.

I just finished watching season 4 of Dexter (by showtime) on DVD and I must say I am even more hooked than ever! Dexter is dark, humorous, and exciting. I can't wait until season 5 comes out on DVD so I can watch it....that should only be a year from now. Oh the torture...lol But seriously a year!?!? Couldn't they release it on dvd right after the season ends so that those of us who missed it could catch up? Gah. Those of you thinking it's just a tv show have obviously never watched it or you would be addicted and impatiently waiting as well.

Anywho I hope everyone had a great labor day weekend! I know my family did. We took our daughters to the park, did a bit of shopping, a lot of cleaning and relaxation, and watched a couple of movies. The Last Song and Clash of the Titans, both decent movies worth renting. I was actually surprised at how short Clash of the Titans was. Still a good movie pick.

Well I wish you all a good week and I will write to you again soon :)

Peace and Love! Thanks to all the service members.

1 comment:

  1. get netflix!! I bet season 5 is on there :p alot cheaper than buying the season too!

    ReplyDelete