Saturday, July 11, 2009

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

Hello again!
Today was a long but very fun day. The only part that was not fun was when the ac stopped working in my car being that it was over 1oo degrees out! lol I got a lot accomplished today and spent some quality time with my family which is always a plus. We went out to lunch and to a plant nursurey in search of some texas native plants. We also went ornament shopping and stocked up on birthday cards. All in all it was a very successful day! I think the best part was just coming home, taking a nap, and then spending the evening relaxing with the family. I love being able to spend so much time with family. I have a lot of social engagements coming up including multiple birthdays, a baby shower, family reunion and just spending time with close friends. I am very much looking forward to the upcoming busy schedule! I think I enjoy the storm before the calm so to speak of getting ready for things. Of course I very much enjoy the time spent relaxing also. I am currently on the look out for great ideas for age appropriate party favors for a one year old. Any suggestions? lol I have about 6 birthdays coming up very quickly! But like I said I secretly enjoy the pressure of this type of thing. I also have to come up with an age appropriate menu for one year olds as well as adults! That will probably be the hardest task. Horray for Birthdays! I am also excited that one of our Army buddies from out of state just moved to town 2 days ago! We are definately enjoying having him close by. Well it is getting pretty late and I need to get to bed. I just wanted to update everyone on my goings on before bed. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
-The Army Wife
Thank you to all of you out there who have served or are currently serving our great country!

2 comments:

  1. ornament shopping?? like christmas ornament shopping?? ive heard of christmas in july but its still a lil early!! :) and i think you should go with the little beanie baby favors.. you can find some cheaper ones.. just a thought!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was Christmas ornaments but I wasn't really the one shopping for them it was my good old shopping buddy. (Hallmark does a special release of the xmas ornaments in July)

    ReplyDelete