Sunday, July 12, 2009

Well as you all know the weekend has finally come to an end. All of my company has come and gone and once again it is just me and my happy little family. I was happy to find out however that my parents are coming into town tomorrow on business and are going to drop by! I get to spend most of the day with them. I feel very lucky to have such a great relationship with my parents. Now my Mother-in-law is a whole other story! I don't know about you but I do not get along with my Mother-in-law. Its not so bad when you get married but once you have kids the unwanted family gets drawn in like a moth to a flame! lol Today has been a lazy day for me and my family. Just hanging around the house. We have recently become rather addicted to the "Farmtown" game on face book. I know it sounds silly but it's pretty cool and thats what we did with a lot of our spare time today. I have to get up early tomorrow morning because someone is coming by to dust our attic for scorpions...goodbye you won't be missed! On another topic, airport USO's have been on my mind alot lately. They have a USO in some of the major airports but not nearly enough. I'm sure its due to lack of funding but I would personally like to see a USO in all major airports in the country as well as overseas! I'm not really sure how to go about getting that accomplished but I would sure love to try. For those of you who don't know about USO's they are little areas in airports where active duty soldiers can wait for their flight and watch tv, use computers and even take a nap! There are volunteers who help serve donated food and drinks and will wake you up at a designated time so you don't miss your flight. Its just a little something extra for our troops. It might be the last bit of luxury they have before flying over seas or a nice stop in on their way home. But its not only important for soldiers leaving the country. Sometimes soldiers have to leave their familys for a month or longer to go train in another city or state and they deserve to have a USO too! Alright well I've said my peace about USO's for tonight. lol I guess it's probably time for me to hit the hay as my eyes are starting to droop and the coke's not helping anymore! (I know bad habit..I'm trying to kick it)
-The Army Wife
As always thanks to all of you troops out there currently serving our country and thanks to anyone that served in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment