Friday, July 17, 2009

Family trouble

Hey so I have been a little busy and haven't updated in a few days. Let me try to catch you up... I made a cake for my husbands coworkers SSG Reyes and SSG Meza. It turned out really well! It was a white cake with strawberry icing and I made some flowers and a tank to put on top. It was delicious if I do say so myself! lol His office and myself all went out to lunch and then back to the office for cake. My daughter and I had a blast! My husband works with some really great people and I enjoy hanging out with them. After the office b-day party I went shopping for a few things and I found some great deals! I bought myself a new shirt for the baby shower this weekend and a few other things all for under $25 combined! I also found some really cute stuff for my daughters b-day. I found some really cute stuffed animals for favors and an ice bucket for a dollar! I made a really cute giftbasket for the baby shower I'm going to. It was supposed to be on Saturday but it got moved to Sunday due to a death in the family. I feel bad for the happy couple. It also kinda sucks because it extended existing plans but no biggie. I'm used to plans changing! Speaking of plans changing we are celebrating my moms birthday this weekend...and my brother decides to invite himself out of nowhere to ruin my moms birthday! Ok so a little background on my brother. He is a complete jerk that most of my family doesn't speak to including my mom and I. He is only my half brother and my mom is his "step-mother". He got kicked out of the house for stealing and trying to hit my mom when he was 18 and calls my dad or shows up about once every 4-5 years. Lucky us he decided to pick this weekend so we can all be miserable and my mom can have an unhappy birthday! (I'm sure he planned that part) Well I am very nervous about this weekend because like I said we don't get along and my husband wants to kill him. Ok well maybe not kill him but beat the crap out of him. lol You might think that seems a bit harsh but trust me my brother deserves the treatment he gets. He wasn't told about or invited to my wedding, doesn't know anything about our daughter or my new last name. He doesn't know where I live or my phone number. I have done my best to keep him out of my life all together and now I am forced to be around him this weekend. I'm still pretty pissed in case you couldn't tell....lol ok well I have to get my day started and get packing! Going to visit the family! Until next time.
-The Army Wife
Thanks to all of you out there serving our country or have served in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment