Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sorry I haven't really blogged much this week but it has been a busy week for me! I had a promotion/going away ceremony for two soldiers at my husbands work. I have also been setting up, cleaning and decorating all of the new furniture that my husband and I acquired. This week I had two doctors appointments plus my weekly gymboree session with my daughter. Yesterday I went on a dinner date with my husband out to sushi and it was yummy! I love the "Mikey roll." My husband made me dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth while I snuck in a little nap earlier. Today I have just been doing cleaning the house and sorting through mail and old documents. I also reorganized all of my scrapbooking stuff and grouped it together into categories. Tomorrow I need to prepare for my surgery on Monday by filling my post op prescriptions and going grocery shopping. My husband and I cleaned the entire house today in preparation for this coming week. My mom is coming tomorrow to help out on Monday. Monday morning I have to get up and go to the hospital to have my tonsils removed. I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal but everyone is telling me that it's going to be harder than I thought. I will be put to sleep and they will burn them off with a plasma wand. Then they will wake me up and I have to spend the next 3-4 hours in recovery. Apparently it's supposed to be pretty painful also. I don't really like taking pain killers so I was hoping to avoid them and my doctor just laughed and said I would need them. Yikes! I also have a lot of packing to do tomorrow. I won't have time to pack on Monday plus it sounds like I will be pretty doped up. Tuesday we are leaving for the week to visit friends and family in East Texas! I am super excited to visit my best friend Jess. She recently just had a baby girl that I will be seeing for the first time! Truth be told I am very nervous about how things are going to be on Monday and the rest of the week following the surgery. I've never had to have surgery before and being put to sleep is a pretty scary thing! At least I will have my husband there for support. Hopefully I will recover quickly so I can truly enjoy the time with my friends. I also have my husbands family reunion to go to the following Sunday. I am looking forward to August! I have another baby shower in August. I also have more trips and birthdays in August! On another note my daughter is getting so big! She now has 2 teeth and is crawling and cruising all over the place! I love that she will eat absolutely anything! Today I just cooked up some Lima beans for her as a snack and she sat there feeding herself contently. She also will eat edamame, bell peppers, onions, fish you name it! Well I think that about catches you up on the goings on this week. I'll try to sneak in a blog this next week but most likely I won't have the chance. Hope everyone has a good week!
-The Army Wife
Thank you to all of the past present and future soldiers out there serving the good old USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment